Sinclair Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belmont time trial first try

3 posters

Go down

Belmont time trial first try Empty Belmont time trial first try

Post  Jim Cameron Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:05 pm

For being the only mountain bike at the time trial I think I did pretty good. I was the first to start and I was only pasted by 8 riders. Mark started second and caught me just before the turn around point. The guys in the Fresno Cycle club when they past me would encourage me to keep going. That was nice of them.

I finished the 10 miles in 33:35 at a avg 16.7mph. My goal was to finish at 17.0mph avg, so I came close. I know I can do better than that in my next one. The last time trial for the year was last night.

Jim Cameron
Jim Cameron

Back to top Go down

Belmont time trial first try Empty Jim's being modest!

Post  Mark Berry Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:18 pm

The guy running the show said Jim is now the Belmont Time Trial Record holder for the Mt. Bike division! Way to go Jim!
Mark Berry
Mark Berry

Back to top Go down

Belmont time trial first try Empty 17.87 mph

Post  Ben Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:33 pm

Hi Jim,

The time trial calculator computes 17.87 mph for 10 miles in 33 mins. & 35 secs. You did great especially for a mountain bike! I have never seen a mountain bike go that fast for 10 miles! Mountain bikes have been in the 16 mph group. I have a K2 Proflex 4000 with street slicks and couldn't imagine going that distance/speed. Just think if you were on a road or TT bike. Last month I only cranked out 18.23 mph @ 32:55, so just a few less seconds makes a big difference. I'm going to have to get a new body to keep up with you guys!

Way to go! Ben

Ben

Back to top Go down

Belmont time trial first try Empty Dreaming of a road bike

Post  Jim Cameron Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Thanks Ben,
It was a hard ride and I was very sore after the race. I hope to have a bike by the first time trial next year but until then I plan to keep riding hard on my mountain bike.

Jim
Jim Cameron
Jim Cameron

Back to top Go down

Belmont time trial first try Empty Re: Belmont time trial first try

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down